It’s the day before Valentine’s Day, and if you don’t have plans, you’re either scrambling for something to do, or hoping that February 14 will come and go as quickly as possible.
Instead of feeling stressed out or sad, celebrate National Food Truck Date Day instead!
The alternative celebration is the brainchild of Jeanna Barrett, the woman behind 50 Food Truck Dates. She wrote, “Valentine’s Day leaves couples and singles feeling broke, bored and bummed! So I thought to myself – why not motivate everyone to change this negative Valentine’s Day sentiment around?”
So RSVP yes to the National Food Truck Date Day Facebook invite, and take your spouse, best friend, child, grandpa, baby’s mama—whoever is special to you—on a food truck date on February 14.
Here are 5 food truck date ideas for Seattle:
- Not in love with meat? Get some sexy tofu tacos at Marination Mobile (2401 Utah Ave S., Starbucks HQ, 11am – 2pm.)
- Do you like it hot? Try one of Diablo Food Truckz’s three spicy sauces on your noodle sandwich. (1741 4th Ave S. , 12:15pm – 3pm.)
- Craving something sweet? Make your own ice cream sandwich at Street Treats. (Roundabout North of Big Fish Games & F5 on Elliott, noon – 12:30 pm. And 300 3rd Ave W., 12:45pm – 1:15pm.)
- Passionate about grilled cheese sandwiches and sci-fi fantasy? (And really, who isn’t?) Feel the magic with Cheese Wizards. (1406 Northwest 53rd Street, Reuben’s Brews, 4pm – 8:30pm.)
- Longing for a taste of Cuba? Visit Snout & Company at Town Hall Seattle. (1119 Eighth Avenue, 8-10pm)
None of these tickle your fancy? SeattleFoodTruck.com has a complete list of all food trucks open on Thursday.
If you’re on Twitter or Instagram, share a pic while you’re on your date and use the #NtlFTDDay hashtag and be sure to tag @the50dates.
Enjoy National Food Truck Date Day!